By Kelly Wigles
Sierra wrote:Shit, hopefully Dale can snap out of this funk he's in. Only a couple rounds left, agree with Jeff that he should try to finish on a high note, he can definitely still win (although he's probably right that it won't be easy.

Yeah if he really wants to he can probably engineer a flip with So and Val but then I don't think they would ever trust him after all this time.

Kelly Wigles

• Site Admin
By Marissa Peterson
#6558 Dale really is frustrating me at this point. I get it's his first game but dude is telling Jaclyn he wants to get rid of 'So' first because she doesn't deserve to be in the final 5. Everyone and their mother and unborn child can see 'Nadiya' as the biggest threat to win so why in hell are you pushing So. From being the man that's willing to do anything to win he is coming across like a complete whimp. He even sees her as the most deserving, so why not go after her. UGH UGH UGH!!! Hard to watch. I mean I know I was working with Sophie but I still was willing to cut her throat last season eventually. (Although I should have pulled that trigger sooner icon_yucky ).

Marissa Peterson

• Site Admin
By Marissa Peterson
#6559 The reason I am SOOOO frustrated by it is he's in the best possible position. All he has to do is take out Nadiya and Val and he has this game won. NO WAAAY they are voting for Jaclyn or So over Dale. I would KILL to be in his position

Marissa Peterson

• Site Admin
By Marissa Peterson
#6567 Yo if Jaclyn pulls that trigger and gets Nadiya out she'll jump to the top of the pack in my favorite poll. She's been dead last for how much she's stayed 'Yali' strong when it wasn't in her best interest. It was a game I saw as 2nd/3rd place since she was just being pawned off by everyone else. But if she can get So/Val on board since Dale is being stubborn on the So vote I'll have soo much more respect for her. That's her taking the game into her own hands and not relying on other people and going against pre-established alliances to better your own game. UGH I love Nadiya but this move would be HUGE. Because TBH the last few boots have been boring as all hell. Despite the fact Yali has been a mess all merge with constant target switching.

Marissa Peterson

• Site Admin
By Jim
Marissa Peterson wrote:I would KILL to be in his position

Please do not kill anyone.

tyia

Jim

• Alumni
By Marissa Peterson
#6580 WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS SO AND DALE FIGHT!!! Dale saying he's voting for her and doesn't care. Her saying in a group PM with EVERYONE that she's voting Nadiya. These people are crazy.

Marissa Peterson

• Site Admin
By Sierra
#6908 I am a big fan of the fact that the jury can't read the camp forum in this game. I can't even tell you the amount of times I've had to write (or worse yet, sit and read through) paragraphs of forced fellatio disguised as "Fallen Comrades" because everyone in the game knew it was their chance to pander for votes. Maybe knowing that jurors can't read what they post until the game is over will keep them somewhat less cringey and more honest, if they do a FC.

Sierra

• Loser
By Sierra
Day 28 - Wednesday (5/11) - Final Immunity Challenge - 8:30c/9:30e
Day 29 - Thursday (5/12 ) - Tribal Council #14 - 8c/9e

Hmm... a day between final immunity and the F4 TC. Players could interpret that as just leading into the weekend with an event on every weekday. You know what I think?

I think you're gonna bring back "The Count" FIC. I noticed when I was reading previous game boards before the season that you used it during a semi-recent season, where the winner Stephanie went for like 7 or 8,000 posts in a day. I cannot imagine any of these guys giving a comparable effort because I know from experience how ANNOYING it is when you find out that you have to do something like that. icon_laughing I've done that challenge yeeeears ago and absolutely destroyed that 8,000 post mark in a 12-hour overnight block of time. I don't think I took more than a 2 minute piss break. One of the most (surprisingly) mentally DRAINING and tedious things I have ever done in my entire life, and in a way, I seriously wouldn't blame some of these guys for not even bothering, since it kinda seems like it's gonna come down to two people anyway at this next TC?

The only thing I hate about it is the fact that there's a real possibility that schedules can mess people up in a major way. That's what I hate most about that style of challenge.

But if that is the FIC, it WILL ensure that the person who wants it the most will have an opportunity to prove that to everyone, which is something that could help curry some last-minute favor with the jury. Like, if Nad comes in 2nd place and ONE person finishes better than her, they could get some S23 Sophie/Ozzy points for being the one to finally end her.

Sierra

• Loser
By Jeff Probst
Sierra wrote:I am a big fan of the fact that the jury can't read the camp forum in this game. I can't even tell you the amount of times I've had to write (or worse yet, sit and read through) paragraphs of forced fellatio disguised as "Fallen Comrades" because everyone in the game knew it was their chance to pander for votes. Maybe knowing that jurors can't read what they post until the game is over will keep them somewhat less cringey and more honest, if they do a FC.

We have learned a thing or two after 27 of these fuckers XD

Lately we have been asking them to do Fallen Comrades in confessionals.

Jeff Probst

• Site Admin
By Jeff Probst
Sierra wrote:
Day 28 - Wednesday (5/11) - Final Immunity Challenge - 8:30c/9:30e
Day 29 - Thursday (5/12 ) - Tribal Council #14 - 8c/9e

Hmm... a day between final immunity and the F4 TC. Players could interpret that as just leading into the weekend with an event on every weekday. You know what I think?

I think you're gonna bring back "The Count" FIC. I noticed when I was reading previous game boards before the season that you used it during a semi-recent season, where the winner Stephanie went for like 7 or 8,000 posts in a day. I cannot imagine any of these guys giving a comparable effort because I know from experience how ANNOYING it is when you find out that you have to do something like that. icon_laughing I've done that challenge yeeeears ago and absolutely destroyed that 8,000 post mark in a 12-hour overnight block of time. I don't think I took more than a 2 minute piss break. One of the most (surprisingly) mentally DRAINING and tedious things I have ever done in my entire life, and in a way, I seriously wouldn't blame some of these guys for not even bothering, since it kinda seems like it's gonna come down to two people anyway at this next TC?

The only thing I hate about it is the fact that there's a real possibility that schedules can mess people up in a major way. That's what I hate most about that style of challenge.

But if that is the FIC, it WILL ensure that the person who wants it the most will have an opportunity to prove that to everyone, which is something that could help curry some last-minute favor with the jury. Like, if Nad comes in 2nd place and ONE person finishes better than her, they could get some S23 Sophie/Ozzy points for being the one to finally end her.

Wait a minute, now i'm pissed. People have ripped off the counting challenge from me too D:

Jeff Probst

• Site Admin
By Sierra
#6952 Haha yep, it was new to me when I did it but it seems like other players in that game viewed it as a possible final challenge, meaning THEY'D seen it before too, lol. It's definitely in "circulation", or at least it was a few years back. It is by FAR the most will-based challenge you could possibly create for an ORG. Competing against THREE other people instead of two probably would only add to that.

Gut feeling if it's a "box" related multi-step FIC... Nad is taking this home and pairing the best social/strategic reputation with a late-game IC run to boot. She will obviously get the win if she makes the final but I really don't think she will... you just CAN'T be that big of a target and get away with it unless you're really able to establish bonds that get people to put their loyalty to you AHEAD of their own best interests. For awhile it looked like she had that in Dale, but based on recent updates I'm thinking her luck has run dry in that area. I know it's controversial to say this, but I tend to agree with Joaq's stance on this: wins that REQUIRE immunity wins (even if it is only the FIC) are really not that good, and that's one of very few things that a fellow finalist could use against her.

I was rooting for Nad but I've come to notice just how much of a pin that would put in the finale suspense if she were to get there, lmfao. I'd rather it be Val who played a slightly lower-key game but may ultimately have found herself in the best position to win. I mean from the looks of things she has a 75% chance of probably winning, adjusting for challenge ability obviously... I mean is that not true, am I missing something that only PMs would show? Val v. Dale v. Jac could be very interesting with this jury.

Sierra

• Loser
By Jeff Probst
Sierra wrote:Haha yep, it was new to me when I did it but it seems like other players in that game viewed it as a possible final challenge, meaning THEY'D seen it before too, lol. It's definitely in "circulation", or at least it was a few years back. It is by FAR the most will-based challenge you could possibly create for an ORG. Competing against THREE other people instead of two probably would only add to that.

Gut feeling if it's a "box" related multi-step FIC... Nad is taking this home and pairing the best social/strategic reputation with a late-game IC run to boot. She will obviously get the win if she makes the final but I really don't think she will... you just CAN'T be that big of a target and get away with it unless you're really able to establish bonds that get people to put their loyalty to you AHEAD of their own best interests. For awhile it looked like she had that in Dale, but based on recent updates I'm thinking her luck has run dry in that area. I know it's controversial to say this, but I tend to agree with Joaq's stance on this: wins that REQUIRE immunity wins (even if it is only the FIC) are really not that good, and that's one of very few things that a fellow finalist could use against her.

I was rooting for Nad but I've come to notice just how much of a pin that would put in the finale suspense if she were to get there, lmfao. I'd rather it be Val who played a slightly lower-key game but may ultimately have found herself in the best position to win. I mean from the looks of things she has a 75% chance of probably winning, adjusting for challenge ability obviously... I mean is that not true, am I missing something that only PMs would show? Val v. Dale v. Jac could be very interesting with this jury.

I actually have been very impressed with Val, and I get the whole contrarian thing that Joaq is doing, but ultimately I just HAVE to give props to Nadiya. She had 3/5 idols in this game. She found them privately and told no one until she felt she had to in the final 6. She played them reluctantly knowing it would expose her game, but really before that she was seen as a lackey to Val, which is totally inaccurate. She hasn't HAD to win every Immunity challenge, only the last 2 in the game.

I htink just because Nadiya's game is so obviously better, doesn't mean we have to try to overthink it. She played the best throughout the entire season in my opinion. Yes, Val has played flawlessly the past few rounds, but she only just now started playing.

Honestly, Joaq is coming across as a contrarian who has to go against the status quo because he wants to be the smartest person in the room. That's my take on it. I get what he's coming from, but that does not describe Nadiya to me.

Also, I feel like Dale isn't getting enough credit. Sure, he's terrible socially and he's a buffoon but the fact remains that more than anyone else in this game, he has shaped this season. He was the one making deals outside of Yali and because of those deals, everyone stuck with Yali to the finals. Without Dale promising them that he would flip on the Yali girls, the Yali girls would've been gone a long time ago, and that's nothing to scoff at. He's the only one who has had relationships with everyone in the game. Maybe he abused those relationships and will have to pay the piper, but I still think that is more worthy of a win than ignoring everyone in the game.

That's my take on it. Nadiya flawlessly controlled her alliance, which in turn controlled the whole game, and also dominated both strategically with idols and physically with challenges.

Val to me, is like Nadiya light. If Val was playing this way from the beginning, I would hands down give it to her, but Nadiya did everything Val is doing currently from the very beginning and better.

That's my read on it anyway.

Jeff Probst

• Site Admin
By Jeff Probst
#6956 And just now doing the voting charts, Val was nearly voted out several times. Nadiya has not received one vote and has a flawless voting record. No one else can say that.

Jeff Probst

• Site Admin
By Jeff Varner
Jeff Probst wrote:
Sierra wrote:I know it's controversial to say this, but I tend to agree with Joaq's stance on this: wins that REQUIRE immunity wins (even if it is only the FIC) are really not that good, and that's one of very few things that a fellow finalist could use against her.

Honestly, Joaq is coming across as a contrarian who has to go against the status quo because he wants to be the smartest person in the room. That's my take on it. I get what he's coming from, but that does not describe Nadiya to me.

We talked about this ad nausem last season when Sophie was literally winning every single immunity challenge, so I do see Joaquin's point but I don't quite agree with him here.

My stance on immunity wins has always been to win them if you need to save yourself if you were about to go so you can refocus your game and figure out what you were doing wrong and/or to prevent other people from winning so you allow yourself options. I don't think it is really any benefit to someone's game to be able to say that they are good at competitions and to think so is silly to me - especially when we have seasons where we have very experienced players who know exactly how to do these types of competitions (eg: Sophie) after seeing them many times over and people who are seeing them for the first time (eg: half of the Suriname final.. 6?).

I also feel the same way about idols - the #1 benefit of having it is that no one else does.

I don't think that requiring a final 4 immunity challenge is a knock against someone's game and a final 5 is a bit worse but still not too bad, not bad enough to hold it against them.

The problem in Nadiya's case is that she didn't have to require a final 5 immunity win because she had two idols at F6. I still think it was a bonehead and sloppy move to use both of her idols at F6. She put on a show, sure, but if her intention was to make Dale and Jaclyn be more loyal to her.. well, it would take a special kind of idiot to intentionally take someone who will smoke you in the finals just because they used an idol on you two rounds ago. And it made Nadiya need to win at F5 and F4 instead of just F4l which was just needlessly making things difficult on herself.

On the other hand, Nadiya playing both of her idols showed that she wasn't relying on the idols which would be a plus if I was on that jury. If she would have played idols at F6, F5 and won immunity at F4, I would have agreed with Joaquin that she required immunity to make the end and that would be a knock against her game (similar to Sophie last season).

Although, the fact that she won at F6 kind of nullifies the benefit of showing she wasn't relying on idols.. because she was relying on immunity.. I guess I agree with Joaquin. But I think Nadiya is leaps and bounds above the others that it doesn't really matter in this case if she were to make it.

Jeff Varner

• Site Admin
By Jeff Probst
#6959 Yea I'm with Jeff. We literally just came off of Suriname where it was a real problem. Sophie had like 4 idols and every other time she won Individual Immunity... literally. She was Immune the entire merge and everyone HATED her and hse really had a shit social game too. In that case... even though it was very impressive that she immunitied her way to the end, it was justified that she lost.

Coming off of that extreme, it's hard for us to see that here in Nadiya. Mainly because... unlike Sophie, Nadiya wasn't a showboat, she wasn't the main target for the entire merge, she was the centerpiece of her alliance and it was the controlling alliance of the game. Nadiya in my opinion definitely outplayed everyone else. If Val won, I think it would be a credit to Nadiya's game that the jury would vote against her, not a credit to Val's game. I actually do think that Val has turned it around last minute, but I also think it's too late in that we have another great option in Nadiya.

I guess ultimately it will come down to which of the two wins Immunity tomorrow.

Jeff Probst

• Site Admin