By Jaclyn
Hey guys I just want to congratulate all of you for being selected to play this season of Stranded, making it to the jury, and to you Dale and Val, for making it to the final 3. Now let me start off by addressing the elephant in the room: “Jaclyn do you honestly think you have a shot at winning?” And my answer is: YES. I definitely feel like I have a shot at winning this game and while majority of you believe that I just floated to the end by doing nothing, I did not float towards the end, i made sure that I got to the end.

To sum up my whole game, I knew going into my first survivor ORG game that I needed to rely more on my social skills rather than my competition skills because I honestly did not know what to expect to do. And by the end of it, yeah i sucked in every competition. But it was a huge benefit for me not to win all these challenges because that obviously makes you a big target. So it worked out that I didnt do so hot in challenge because I didnt want a huge bullseye on my back.

Onto my social game, I really believe this is why I am here today. My strategy was to align myself with huge targets in a way to use them as “meat shields” in case my alliance is in danger. If our alliance was vulnerable, I was not the top priority to get out, it was someone else in my alliance. Basically my allies such as Nadiya, Dale, Val, Joaq, and Drew were all perceived as a bigger threats (whether in comps, socially, or chaotically) to get out opposed to me. I made sure not to heavily aligned with players who are perceived “weak” because they wouldn’t help me get further in the game with the strategy I’m using. If for example all the strong players are immune, by default someone on the lower totem pole had to go. I could have been interchangeable with other weaker players and I could have gone home. I made sure I was the “weakest” in the game still so that all the “stronger” players would go after each other.

I will now illustrate my strategy throughout this game:

PRE-SWAP:
-I wanted a nice 5 person alliance to have majority. I chose Nadiya because me and her clicked from the get-go. Reed I connected with because we both found out we are Filipinos, so us Filipinos gotta stick together. Val is really nice when I talked to her so I loved that. And finally Drew is very outgoing and friendly, so I liked that. Us 5 were the ones online before the game started, so I guess you can call this alliance a premade alliance. Dale came along the way too and was very nice, so I started a side alliance with him. Missy was a mess, but she liked me so I had a side alliance with her and Keith. This puts me in the middle of Yali.
-I volunteered as leader because I wanted to have as much power in my hands that didnt have to be involved in winning competitions. Being the leader, it further solidifed me in the middle of the tribe, with everyone around me and wanting to be in alliances with me. This was gold since again, my strategy was to be in the middle, surrounding by bigger threats in the game.
-With Nadiya/Reed/Val vs Missy/Keith feud going on, I was in the middle NEVER targeted. Each side wanted to get a piece of the other, not knowing that i was in the middle and I was the deciding factor on who goes home.

POST-SWAP:
-Once I knew Missy was a complete lunatic that may ruin my game, i made sure to send her and Keith to the other tribe to avoid that. I also sent Drew because he was playing the same game as me, coasting in the middle, and it goes back to my strategy that I needed to be the only one in the middle to make my strategy work.
-Max was weak so he needed to go ASAP. I needed to be the perceived weak one in the tribe so that all the strong players go against each other
-Sierra vote was truly one of my best masterpiece. Basically i was able to use my alliance (Val/Nadiya/Dale) to convince Sierra, Joaq, and Dan that it was me to go out next and it would be an unanimous vote. By doing this and making Joaq/Dan feel blindsided/betrayed by Val/Nadiya/Dale allows them to go after one other, while I still stay in the middle of the fight. This goes back to my strategy of “meat shields”, in which Val/Nadiya/Dale were my shields against Joaq/Dan if they decide to go against them in the merge.

MERGE:
-the merge was basically NuAsmat vs NuYali, with me not being the initial target from NuYali. NuAsmat saw people like Dan and Dale(For his negative behavior), Joaq and Nadiya (for their ability to win the game) as initial targets over me. They were perfect meat shields for me while I try to establish relationships with So, Reed, and Drew, further establishing me in the middle, away from any danger of going home.
-I stayed loyal to NuYali because they had bigger personalities/competitors that will be for sure targeted over me first. If I had sided with Drew/Reed/Jenn/So, Drew would have been the only “big” target to get out.
-I made sure all the NuYali would stay loyal to each other. If there was ever a fight inside the NuYali alliance, I did my best to calm the situation down and made the point clear that we have the numbers and should just stick with each other until the end. If it weren’t for me, I believe some people in our alliance would flip by now, in particular Val. I made sure Val stick with us inside of flipping to Reed/Drew and she would ALWAYS considered it.
-Once we got down to the wire, it was now the time to take out people who could win the game. Joaq was the #1 person on my agenda to get out, since he is a comp beast and a social butterfly. Everyone agreed that he was a big threat to win, therefore it wasn’t that hard to get him out
-Finally, my hardest decision in my game so far was voting out my #1 ally, my final 3 partner: Nadiya. It really was so hard for me to vote her out, but I knew that even if I had an amazing final speech, she would still get enough votes to win because of how amazing she was in this game. She really was a great ally throughout this game and I knew for a fact she would win the game if she made it to the finals. Therefore I made the decision to cut her loose in order to increase my chances of winning in this game. Nadiya, I am really sorry again and I understand if you hate me forever, but I came here to win, not take 2nd or 3rd place.
-Dale does not deserve to win this game over me because I just feel like he was very rude to certain people that it was borderline bullying. He called some of the female castmates misogynic, derogatory terms that wouldn’t past by in the real life. He was also very difficult to work with, the best word to describe working with him is “Stubborn”. If he wanted someone out, he made it very clear that he is voting this way and will not change his vote. He looked at his best interest first before the alliance, which I believe voids him from winning this game. In order to win this game, you need to be able to cooperate with people and negotiate a feasible option that works for everyone, not just for one.
-Val doesn’t deserve to win this game over me because I feel like she is very wishy-washy when it comes to decisions and like Dale, is sometimes hard to work with. She also makes who she wants out very clear, and doesn’t change her mind. Val’s decisions, in my opinion, are very chaotic and illogical combined. A prime example is In Drew’s boot tribal, she threw away her vote to So because she didnt want to follow with the plan of getting Drew out. Now if she didnt want to vote out Drew and make a power move by working with him, she could have easily bond with Drew/Reed/So (since they know they’re in the minority) in voting Dale and making it a tie between Drew/Dale. This could have been a really good move, IF she took the time to plan it all out. HOWEVER, it goes back to the fact that Val makes decisions very irrationally and groundless. If she was going for being the “Social Mastermind” of this season, she really didnt achieve that.

Thank you guys for a fun, dramatic season and make the best person win

Jaclyn

• Korowai Tribe