By Kelly Wigles
#5517 So immediately we have a boneheaded move by Val to basically fess up that she nearly screwed her own alliance over with that So vote.

If things go the right way, we might not see that Yali Girls final 3 after all.

Also, there was a lot of Dale talk in the previous episode, personally I don't think Dale is playing to win, I think he's content with being Nadiya's goat because of their personal bond. You're right Sierra, about that being a very dangerous combo in a game like this.

Kelly Wigles

• Site Admin
By Jeff Varner
#5548 With Nadiya having 2 idols at F7, she should have a free ticket to F5.

Although Cass went home with 2 idols in Faroe Islands so dumb things do happen...

I'm hoping we (finally) get a shakeup in that alliance. Someone on the bottom needs to realize they're on the bottom and do something about it before there's no one left to do something about it with. And the numbers are getting dangerously thin.

Jeff Varner

• Site Admin
By Jonathan Penner
#5562 Final 7 is really the best (and often last) chance to mix things up. If you're in an alliance of 4, whichever one of you is at the bottom should flip to a new 4-3 majority. Once you get to F6, you can't flip to a majority anymore, and at F5 the ruling Final 3 alliance gets to dictate what happens from there.

Anyone want to sketch me out what the rough alliances are right now? I'm not sure who's on the bottom in this scenario, but it's So and Joaq on the outs, right?

Jonathan Penner

• Site Admin
By Sierra
Jonathan Penner wrote:Final 7 is really the best (and often last) chance to mix things up. If you're in an alliance of 4, whichever one of you is at the bottom should flip to a new 4-3 majority. Once you get to F6, you can't flip to a majority anymore, and at F5 the ruling Final 3 alliance gets to dictate what happens from there.

Anyone want to sketch me out what the rough alliances are right now? I'm not sure who's on the bottom in this scenario, but it's So and Joaq on the outs, right?

I thought the same thing. PM's may tell a different story, I don't know but the respect Joaq is racking up in Ponderosa is massive, and it seems like Drew felt like he masterminded his exit. Problem is I think Drew complimented him on his way out, which could hurt him. Drew and Dan as of this moment would vote for him over anyone. Things can change though.

F7 is my favorite round too, by far. So good, so many possibilities. Nad hasn't been truly surprised all game, don't let her cruise to the end!

But then there's a part of me that WANTS Nadiya to get to the end easily as my 2nd choice after Joaquin, because I know she will probably make the best winner in terms of having played a complete game and all that. Still, as a spectator: clusterfuck > mastermind win. icon_razz

Sierra

• Loser
By Kelly Wigles
Jeff Varner wrote:With Nadiya having 2 idols at F7, she should have a free ticket to F5.

Although Cass went home with 2 idols in Faroe Islands so dumb things do happen...

I'm hoping we (finally) get a shakeup in that alliance. Someone on the bottom needs to realize they're on the bottom and do something about it before there's no one left to do something about it with. And the numbers are getting dangerously thin.

I feel like in this situation, it will be very hard considering how well Nadiya has everyone basically wrapped around her finger. Val would never betray her directly, Jac considers her her main partner, Dale is basically her slave, Even Joaq has never turned his back on NuYali (I don't really have confirmation of how tight he is with Nadiya directly but considering how on-point her social game is, she probably has him too). Then you have So and Reed who are themselves just terrible players.

It's easy to shake up an alliance made of pairs but when you have an alliance that's all tethered to one person, it's a lot harder to break it up because everyone is essentially selflessly defending that one main individual. It's similar to Kim Spradlin, Brian Heidik, Jeremy Collins and FvF Parvati.

The only mistake Nadiya can make to lose the game is to take Joaq with her to the end.

Kelly Wigles

• Site Admin
By Jim
#5581 Can someone give me the Executive Summary of how/why Drew got booted so I don't have read thru all those confessionals and messages?

tyia

Jim

• Alumni
By Ozzy
#5582 My understanding is that he's been a possible boot for the last two rounds, and this round was just the one to do it. People knew he was spreading rumor like wildfire and knew he caused chaos in the group. So he went home.

Now, if we could figure out why Val voted So...

Ozzy

• Alumni
By Ozzy
Ozzy wrote:My understanding is that he's been a possible boot for the last two rounds, and this round was just the one to do it. People knew he was spreading rumor like wildfire and knew he caused chaos in the group. So he went home.

ALSO HOW DAMN SEXY AM I?!?! icon_cool

Ozzy

• Alumni
By Jeff Varner
Jonathan Penner wrote:Anyone want to sketch me out what the rough alliances are right now? I'm not sure who's on the bottom in this scenario, but it's So and Joaq on the outs, right?

As far as I can tell (which might be a bit inaccurate as I haven't been reading as much as I usually do), Nadiya/Jac/Val are still at the center, while Dale is involved in that (strongly connected to Nadiya specifically) and Joaquin is included as well (more strongly connected to Dale to anyone else, iirc). I don't have a good read on Reed (ha) and it feels like nobody really talks to So much (Joaquin more than anyone else maybe? Reed?).

I get the impression Reed and So are the outsiders but Val is constantly targeted. Meanwhile, Joaq has been targeted from the other side (for having believed he has an idol when he doesn't) and yet has gotten off scot-free.

Sierra wrote:But then there's a part of me that WANTS Nadiya to get to the end easily as my 2nd choice after Joaquin, because I know she will probably make the best winner in terms of having played a complete game and all that. Still, as a spectator: clusterfuck > mastermind win. icon_razz

I am always afraid to pick the obvious person to win because someone has to take a shot at them, right? It can't be that easy for Nadiya so I don't think she is my winner pick at this point despite being the frontrunner. I actually think Joaquin will win at this point.

And, barring any big moves from here out, I'd be underwhelmed by anyone minus Nadiya or Joaquin.

Jim wrote:Can someone give me the Executive Summary of how/why Drew got booted so I don't have read thru all those confessionals and messages?

tyia

I think he's been a dead-man walking for a few rounds now and they (Nadiya/Jaclyn/Val/Dale/Joaq) finally decided he was too good to allow him to go any further. Seemed like a pretty easy group decision.

Jeff Varner

• Site Admin
By Jim
Ozzy wrote:
Ozzy wrote:My understanding is that he's been a possible boot for the last two rounds, and this round was just the one to do it. People knew he was spreading rumor like wildfire and knew he caused chaos in the group. So he went home.

ALSO HOW DAMN SEXY AM I?!?! icon_cool

Pretty fucking sexy.

Jim

• Alumni
By Kelly Wigles
Ozzy wrote:Now, if we could figure out why Val voted So...

Val mentioned in her confessionals that it was a last minute decision to feel some sort of autonomy from her alliance (which is pretty dumb), a smart way to spin it is that she did that to get on Reed's good side but that still explain why she would admit to her alliance what she did.

apparently, Val plays the game in an exhausted, tired state after working in real life, she thinks it's a cute way to keep things as if it were the real Survivor.

Kelly Wigles

• Site Admin
By Trashley Markwood
Jonathan Penner wrote:Final 7 is really the best (and often last) chance to mix things up. If you're in an alliance of 4, whichever one of you is at the bottom should flip to a new 4-3 majority. Once you get to F6, you can't flip to a majority anymore, and at F5 the ruling Final 3 alliance gets to dictate what happens from there.

Unless you are playing in Namibia and you flip someone at F5 and then a juror at tribal replies to every comment of his after it was suggested like:

icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad icon_mad

So he chickened out and changed his vote.

Trashley Markwood

• Site Admin
By Kelly Wigles
Jonathan Penner wrote:Anyone want to sketch me out what the rough alliances are right now? I'm not sure who's on the bottom in this scenario, but it's So and Joaq on the outs, right?

the main alliance is technically Nadiya/Dale/Jaclyn/Val/Joaquin with Reed and So on the outs. This round it's looking like the alliance is going to blindside Val for being shady last tribal and randomly voting So instead of Drew.

Kelly Wigles

• Site Admin
By Jim
Trashley Markwood wrote:http://indonesia.strandedgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=316

FF <3

Yes, dear.

Jim

• Alumni