By Jim
#2788 I've noticed players in PMs and confessionals criticize Dan for using the word "retard". Is this gameplay or are we really not allowed to call people retards anymore?

Jim

• Alumni
By Sierra
Jim wrote:I've noticed players in PMs and confessionals criticize Dan for using the word "retard". Is this gameplay or are we really not allowed to call people retards anymore?

I despise the overly-PC crowd as much as anyone but I definitely felt bad for Kelly since her brother has autism, so naturally she took it kind of to heart. In Dan's defense there's probably no way in hell he would have said that had he known, and he seemed to lay off the personal attacks once she said that.

As far as the other players who may have bitched about it, people may not like his choice of words but in order to really cause a stir maybe he felt like he had to go to that extreme for strategic purposes. Calling people out is one thing but it happens in Survivor, but straight up calling people names like that and telling them to shut the fuck up without a hint of sounding like you're joking is something that could really make people hate you personally, and it could really help Dan go deep if he's able to make it a few rounds deep into this merge.

Some people won't forgive him but if he can paint it as gameplay, more power to him. He needs to be careful not to overdo it though. Two jurors out of 9 who are guaranteed to never vote for him is MORE than enough to establish a beatable reputation, he should quit while he's ahead I think.

Sierra

• Loser
By Vitinho
#3181 depends on the first 2 jurors.
if kelly and so are out next, no matter how good dan's game will be, he won't win.

and in general you can't win if 2/3 of the first jurors hate you. they'll set the tone against you and it's fuckin' hard to overcome it.

Vitinho

• Site Admin
By Sierra
Vitinho wrote:depends on the first 2 jurors.
if kelly and so are out next, no matter how good dan's game will be, he won't win.

and in general you can't win if 2/3 of the first jurors hate you. they'll set the tone against you and it's fuckin' hard to overcome it.

Fuck jury groupthink. Sucks. It's probably worse in ORGs than it is on the actual show. But those are the risks of deliberately making people that angry. 5 of the other 7 is not an impossible task IMO but yeah to cut down your chances by that much is a massive risk.

Is the jury starting at the next boot?

Sierra

• Loser
By Jeff Probst
Sierra wrote:
Vitinho wrote:depends on the first 2 jurors.

Fuck jury groupthink. Sucks. It's probably worse in ORGs than it is on the actual show. But those are the risks of deliberately making people that angry. 5 of the other 7 is not an impossible task IMO but yeah to cut down your chances by that much is a massive risk.

Is the jury starting at the next boot?

Yep

Jeff Probst

• Site Admin