By Dan
#7859 oooohhh yeah bro.

you should vote the right way. trust me like you did in the game haha. love u bro

Dan

• Juror
By Dan
#7863 the right way should be obvious. it's up to you now

we can discuss more things. im just disappointed the actual FTC thread got hi-jacked by these pedos

Dan

• Juror
By Joaquin
#7865 Eh. you and I have differing views on what makes someone a great survivor player, so obvious probably is pretty different to us
I can go more in depth if you want

what makes someone a great character and fucker i think we have the same views tho

Joaquin

• Juror
By So
#7867 Joaq I'd love for you to tell me about your views on the game. They sound very interesting. Like for starters, who are the top 3 winners in your book?

So

• Juror
By Dan
Joaquin wrote:Eh. you and I have differing views on what makes someone a great survivor player, so obvious probably is pretty different to us

what makes someone a great character and fucker i think we have the same views tho

there hasn't been a great player in this season. certainly none of the F3, but there's a clear winner there.

So wrote:Joaq I'd love for you to tell me about your views on the game. They sound very interesting. Like for starters, who are the top 3 winners in your book?

Read the thread title FFS

Dan

• Juror
By Joaquin
#7869 i could literally write for days, So, but I'll give you a brief rundown.

Top 3 winners I assume you mean winning performances, not best players of all time. My top 3 from a pure gameplay on one season standpoint are Earl Cole (Fiji), Kim Spradlin (One World), and Brian Heidik (Thailand) probably. Hatch is up there but it's hard because borneo is so different.

These players have several things in common
-they were never threatened of being voted out and even if they won immunity, they didn't have to in order to avoid being voted out. if you have to win immunity to get to the end, you're not playing correctly (which I loosely define as "how a perfect survivor player would be"
-they understood that survivor is a social experiment and participated in it like one. To me, Survivor is not a game of "big moves" or "the strategic game" or "challenge beasts". it's 100% social. you can't "make blindsides" unless you can make the social connections required in order to get people to vote with you. it doesn't matter if you make it to the end by winning every challenge if you didn't vote people out in a way that the jury respects. if you're "voted out because you're too big of a threat" you didn't socially play well enough. those three were all enormous threats and yet were going to be brought to FTC anyway

Joaquin

• Juror
By Joaquin
Dan wrote:
Joaquin wrote:Eh. you and I have differing views on what makes someone a great survivor player, so obvious probably is pretty different to us

there hasn't been a great player in this season. certainly none of the F3, but there's a clear winner there.

I think there are some great players on this season, we just all fucked up in different ways, assuming that everyone was playing to win. It took me the first night after I got voted out to be able to admit that I made some mistakes.

based on some of my "criteria" i don't think any of the three are great obviously but some contradict more than others

Joaquin

• Juror
By So
Joaquin wrote:i could literally write for days, So, but I'll give you a brief rundown.

Top 3 winners I assume you mean winning performances, not best players of all time. My top 3 from a pure gameplay on one season standpoint are Earl Cole (Fiji), Kim Spradlin (One World), and Brian Heidik (Thailand) probably. Hatch is up there but it's hard because borneo is so different.

These players have several things in common
-they were never threatened of being voted out and even if they won immunity, they didn't have to in order to avoid being voted out. if you have to win immunity to get to the end, you're not playing correctly (which I loosely define as "how a perfect survivor player would be"
-they understood that survivor is a social experiment and participated in it like one. To me, Survivor is not a game of "big moves" or "the strategic game" or "challenge beasts". it's 100% social. you can't "make blindsides" unless you can make the social connections required in order to get people to vote with you. it doesn't matter if you make it to the end by winning every challenge if you didn't vote people out in a way that the jury respects. if you're "voted out because you're too big of a threat" you didn't socially play well enough. those three were all enormous threats and yet were going to be brought to FTC anyway

That is very interesting. I have always been a Brian supporter, and awhile ago claimed he was the best winner, but after listening to some TEOS I noticed there were a few flaws in his game. However, I agree he is cream of the crop. Kim to me is the best player ever, and Earl is very underrated.

So

• Juror